Yes, I am! Well, the title of this post is actually the last part of the video that I watch “Are you Fed Up?”
So, that’s the video. I don’t know whether I should write this in English or Bahasa Indonesia, but because the video is in English and I think it’s easier to quote some words directly from the video so let me use English. Other reason is to improve my English skills. (Maybe this is only my excuse to feel less guilty because I watch this video and write about the content in this video instead of doing my university tasks). I also want to carve some memorization, knowledge, and new facts that I got from watching this video. Because I don’t think, I can rewatch that video again because the duration is quite long (it’s about 1 hour and half) and I need some other importants to do~ Last, sorry for bad grammars.
Let me write some brief explanation about what is the content of video and how I found it. When I was surfing in my facebook page, I read a sentence “A Cancer Story and the food that’s killing you” then I was interested and click the link provided. So, I arrived in youtube page about the trailer of Fed up, then after the trailer, the fed up automatically start to play. Then, I watch the video until finish. Here’s some information that I got from the video :
- “Eat less, exercise more” is wrong campaign
- Back to 1953, when exercise is considered taboo for people and exercise contribute to heart attack and diminish sex drive. Then Dr. Jean Mayer did experiment on rat and he found that the rat that didn’t exercise will get fat. So the conclusion is lack of exercise will contribute to weighting.
- Because of that research, exercise and fitness industry start to increase. But, the fact is although people who exercise is increasing so does the rate of obesity people. There are also increasing in the number of obesity or overweight.
- “Calorie in equal calorie out” is also wrong!
- We usually heard the campaign that in order not to get fat, the amount of calorie intake must be the same with the amount of calorie out. So, we should make calorie in and calorie out balance in our body.
- It turn out wrong! Let me write example of case from the video. When someone eat 160 calorie of almond, the fiber in almond make our body absorb almond for long time as well as it makes low blood sugar level in our body. Oppositely, when someone drink 160 calorie of coke, our body will soon absorb it quickly and make blood sugar rise. So our body will soon process this excess sugar become fat. So, 160 calorie in almond or 160 calorie in soda? You can tell me which is better.
- “Even if there is tools to count how much calories in and how much calories out, nobody can do it.”
- 20 ons coke = 1 hour 20 minutes ride a bycycle
- 1 cookies = 20 minutes jogging
- 1 medium french fries = 1 hour 12 minutes swimming.
- Does anybody got time for that?
- No percentage of sugar found in food nutrition label
- “Food nutrition label list government recommended daily amount of various nutrient. Today when you look on any food label, you will not find sugar listed with the percentage of daily recommendation”
- Soon after I watch part about this information, I search for food nutrition label in my snack package and yes, that’s right! Only sugar part don’t have percentage of daily recommendation
- In the video, as I remember around last part, if the percentage of daily recommendation of sugar is listed, it will make us shocked.
- Food industry trap you
- In order to make their product still saleable, most of food industry (especially industry for processed food) play with the words like : low fat, low calorie, fat free, reduced fat, low sugar, zero sugar. It’s only their trick to take me and you to choose their product and make us think that we already choose better and healthier food because, yeah, it’s low fat!
- Actually it’s a trap! When it says low fat, the contain of sugar in that food is still the same. Yes, I’m fed up! Cause I’m trapped. Suddenly, I just think about low sugar drink, how low actually is it?
- Food addiction is real!
- The fact is the addiction of sugar is more potent than the addiction of cocaine for our brain. That’s why in order to make people addict, food industry start to introduce sugar to young people even to baby.
- Food addiction is like drugs addiction, when you have drugs around you, you just want to take it. It’s the same like when you have foods in your home, you just want to take and eat it.
- Daily allowance sugar
- American Heart Association (AHA) made daily allowance of added sugar per day is 6-9 teaspoon (1 teaspoon = 4 gram). While that actual daily sugar intact is 41 teaspoon for average of people.
Okay, that’s all. let me close with the sentences from one of the people in video “The most important thing you can do and it’s challenging for many people is cook real food” Bye, gotta learn how to cook~